Friday, February 13, 2009

Famous People, Famous Words...3

I accept that in a free society you have to justify reductions in people's liberties. I accept that, bearing in mind my starting point is that the most important human right is the right to life...

The most important civil liberty... is to stay alive and to be free from violence and death...

Truth is absolute, truth is supreme, truth is never disposable in national political life

I believed then, and I believe now, that if this country is to live up to its full potential and its highest ideals we must turn this around.

You can not legislate morality.

In the end, young people are at risk of being disinherited from their community if that community lacks the courage and confidence to teach its history.

I accept that climate change is a challenge, I accept the broad theory about global warming. I am sceptical about a lot of the more gloomy predictions.

To me, multiculturalism suggests that we can't make up our minds who we are or what we believe in.

I don't think it is wrong, racist, immoral or anything, for a country to say 'we will decide what the cultural identity and the cultural destiny of this country will be and nobody else'.

The central goal is to address the cancer of passive welfare and to create opportunity through education, employment and home ownership.

by: John Howard

No comments: